Step 1: Find your perfect micro-credential
Take a look at our credentials page to see what we currently offer. Be sure to check back often, as new credentials are added regularly.
Step 2: Enroll in your micro-credential
To enroll in your desired credential visit the program’s page, where you will find full enrollment directions. Some credentials are free, paid or closed. If you need access to a closed course, please contact us.
Step 3: Accept your badge through Acclaim
Acclaim is the platform used by Cabrini University for issuing and earning digital badges. Once you complete all of the requirements for a digital badge, you will be awarded a digital badge through Acclaim.
Step 4: Show off your badge!
Congratulations, you have earned a digital badge from Cabrini University! Digital badges are credentials that you own, so you can decide how you want to share them.
You will be notified via email (from firstname.lastname@example.org) that your badge is available. For first time users, the email will prompt you to sign up on Acclaim.
To immediately share your badge, click on “Accept your Badge” within that email. You will be directed to Acclaim’s login page. Create an account using your email address.
Once logged in, you will see your badge and next steps you can take. To share on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn, click on the “share” button and select the social media platform(s) of your choice. You will be prompted to allow Acclaim to access to your social media account(s) to post your badge.
Access and Share Your Badges at Any Time
If you choose not to immediately share your badge, you can log in to your Acclaim account at any time to access and share your badges. To do so you must:
- Log into your account.
- Select the badge you’d like to share.
- At the top of the page, select the “share” button.
- You will be brought to the “share badge” screen where you can find different tabs directing you to connect your social media accounts and share your badge.
There are several ways you can share your digital badge. Once you are logged into your account and have navigated to the Share Badge screen you will see the following sharing options:
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and XING). Select one of these social media platforms and click to connect. You will be prompted to log in to your account.
- Email. Select the email tab and you will be prompted to create a message with the subject line “View my verified achievement from University at Buffalo!”
- Link. Select the link tab to copy the badge URL. This URL can be shared on a resume, e-portfolio, website, etc.
- Embed code. Select the embed tab, then, copy and paste the code to display your digital badge directly on your webpage, blog or anywhere else that accepts HTML.
- Download. Select the download tab to download your badge to your computer or other device.
- Print. Select the print tab to download a printable certificate that showcases your badge (please note that this option is not available for all badges).
Note that Acclaim will never take any actions on your behalf other than sharing your badge when you choose to take that action. For more information on ways to share your digital badges, please visit the Acclaim Help Center.